CLIENT FINANCIAL (PRICING) ANALYST (FINANCE DEPT.)
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
The Client Financial (Pricing) Analyst will report to the CFO in our Chicago office. In addition, the Client Financial (Pricing) Analyst will provide support to the COO, Controller and lawyers in their role as legal project management leaders. This position will assist with analysis and reporting related to client billing arrangements and firm matter management including but not limited to:
• Using financial modeling to evaluate billing arrangement proposals
• Performing billing rate analyses of publicly available market survey data (rate setting)
• Preparing reports on firm client and matters
• Preparing matter budgets used in proposals and matter planning related to Legal Project Management
• Generating project management statistics and related reporting
• Assisting with the preparation of RFP responses
• Assisting with the analysis of AFA proposals
• Researching billing history and benchmarking similar previous matters
• Uploading of client exception rates
The Client Financial (Pricing) Analyst will also be expected to play a pivotal supporting role in the rollout of the Legal Project Management Initiative that the firm will be undertaking in the near future.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and is well organized.
• Bachelor's degree - preferably in accounting, finance, or economics.
• One to three years of working experience in a similar capacity for another professional services firm, bank or other financial services environment. Legal industry experience preferred.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office; especially Excel - must be able to use pivot tables and lookups.
• Strong working knowledge of Elite 3e, SQL and [Redwood or DFTech Suite (Profitability Analysis tools)].
Resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGAL SECRETARY POSITION OPEN
Brinks Gilson & Lione has an immediate opening in our Indianapolis Office for an entry-level Legal Secretary who has an interest in the intellectual property field of law.
Electronically manage and maintain emails, files and documents
Filing domestic and foreign patent and trademark applications
Electronically prepare for filing applications, responses, etc. with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
Review, update and assist in management of daily/weekly/monthly docket and deadlines
Schedule and calendar due dates and appointments; organize business itineraries, travel arrangements, conferences and meetings
Accurately administer and consistently apply specific client requirements and the ability to complete tasks per clients’ guidelines
Work with online data sources and websites, including locating internet references
Preparation of Information Disclosure Statements, various templates, reporting letters to clients, and draft communication to foreign associates
Minimum of 2 year associate degree from accredited institution
1 year of office experience is preferred
Knowledge and experience working within server based electronic file management systems
Demonstrated core competency skills in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and Adobe Professional
Keyboarding skills – minimum 50 words per minute
Ability to multi-task multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
Outstanding administrative support of attorneys
Demonstrated independent task management and task organizational skills
Demonstrated reading comprehension/retention skills
Top-level customer service skills and professional demeanor
Demonstrably strong written and oral communication skills and capability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel
Proven success as a positive team player
Independently and competently complete tasks with variable requirements
Proven track record of dependability, dedication and confidential handling of all matters
Please email cover letter and resume to Dawn Patchett, email@example.com
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION OPEN
Brinks Gilson & Lione has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant in the Washington, DC office.
- General clerical administration such as typing, filing, copying, scanning, faxing for entire office
- Accept deliveries and sort mail
- Provide accurate responses to inquiries and relay messages
- Scheduling conference rooms and assist with meeting services support, including ordering catered meals
- Perform general opening/closing office protocols
- Maintain kitchen and office supplies
- Attorney and paralegal time entry, billing backup, payment request and invoice processing
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receive all telephone calls and visitors at front desk
- Perform all other duties as needed and assigned
- Minimum of one-year office experience, preferably in the legal field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Good decision-making skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Service-oriented demeanor
Resumes may be submitted to Dawn Patchett at firstname.lastname@example.org